As we continue our “In My Feels” series, let’s delve into the intriguing world of physical touch and its significance in relationships. I promised you a follow-up from the summer conversation that I shared in Episode 14, discussing sex and affection in the physical touch department with a man. While women will likely benefit the most in the episode, it’s open to couples and men too. As we are mindful about Cuffing Season, I want you to understand the nuances of physical touch and use it to improve the quality of your connections and relationships.
We start by discussing the different types of touches and the love language known as physical touch, shedding light on how men and women perceive and approach it differently. I share insights on the three kinds of touch and how they exist in our daily lives. Physical touch is vital to our emotional well-being, especially during times when we might be touch-starved.
Touch starvation can be a real concern for dating women and men, and even couples, so I offer practical tips on how to satisfy your need for touch in a safe and meaningful way. Whether you’re single, dating, or in a committed relationship, join me in this episode as we navigate the world of physical touch, affirm our needs, and seek healthier ways to connect during these challenging times. Have a Secret Story you want to share with me? I invite you to drop your truth for the next Secret Story episode!
- [03:47] – We are talking about the power of human touch!
- [05:33] – Reflect on the power of touch in relationships.
- [08:33] – Distinguish between sexual and non-sexual touch.
- [10:53] – The 3 kinds of touch.
- [13:00] – Understanding the love language called ‘physical touch.’
- [14:55] – Meeting our basic need for touch is essential for decision-making.
- [16:15] – Maintaining touch and emotional connection.
- [20:47] – I coach clients during cuffing season to fulfill touch needs safely.
- [22:31] – Explore differing interpretations of physical touch.
Connect with Me: